Banking questions we consider
- When are the banks open for appointments? Many close in the afternoon so we time appointments on viewing trips accordingly.
- Does the bank understand the specialist needs of second-home owners and expats?
- Are there English-speaking staff?
- Can they deal with a cheque bancaria (bank-guaranteed cheque)?
- Will they offer favourable rates for your international bank transfer?
Currency exchange rates
Exchange rates can significantly affect the cost of your purchase. If you don’t already have funds in euros, you need to time when you buy them and from whom.
When you own a Spanish property, you’ll also need to make regular currency transfers. We know specialist currency brokers who can help get you the best rate possible.